Logo © One Movie, Five Views - Header design by Erin V.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Trailer Watch: The Lovely Bones

The trailer for Peter Jackson’s highly anticipated film adaptation of The Lovely Bones can now be viewed online at Apple Movie Trailers. It is definitely a must-watch trailer.


Having read the best-selling book by Alice Sebold a few months ago in anticipation of the movie, I think that this looks like a very-close, and visually stunning adaptation of the source material. I am expecting this film to have lots of Oscar potential, and will more than likely deserve it. While I found that a few of the scenes in the book didn’t quite work for me, it was still a very strong and powerful read. I personally think that the movie looks quite good, and could easily end up being one of the best films this year. It will be dark, creepy, visually stunning and totally original.


-John C.

No comments: