Logo © One Movie, Five Views - Header design by Erin V.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Trailer Watch: Toy Story 3

Apple Trailers now has the brand new trailer for Toy Story 3. The very nicely edited trailer gives you a sense for what to expect from the June 18th released sequel.


I’m a huge Pixar fan, and the studio’s been 10-for-10, but I’m still not quite sold on the idea of a TS3. I’m sure it will be good, but I’ve not been blown away by it yet. The scene in the trailer where they are on an internet chat room, just looks not up to the standards of the genius of other Pixar films.


It just feels like this will be tailor-made to make money from a new generation of fans. It does look really good, but just not up to the high standards of Pixar’s previous films. Though the animation is beautiful.


This is the studio’s film directly following their Best Picture nominated masterpiece Up. My anticipation for the film is high, but I don’t have the same type of obsession over it like I’ve had in anticipation for Pixar’s other films.


-John C.

No comments: